Thursday, July 27, 2006

button aesthetics

Here are the buttons I sent to Cathy in Louisiana. I decided to be part of shimandsons vintage button swap and fully enjoyed the process of making the buttons look nice. Am definitely looking forward to seeing Cathys buttons.


Here is the close-up which shows the butterfly I stamped onto the fabric.


This is the card I sent with the buttons. It is cut out with the fiskars shapecutter. I am never satisfied with the edges if I have to follow a line with the scissors. The ducks are punched out. I ended up liking the idea of a round card (or rather two stringed together).


I thought the envelope should indicate what was inside so I sewed the buttons on to create an old fashioned closing. It is surprisingly easy to open and close and keeps together very well.


I am sorry to say that the photos did not turn out very well but this is due to beginner's troubles.

Oh at the end you should see my dog feeling it is a bit too hot

No comments: