Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A guided tour

I have a little balcony which I call my oasis. I will show you some of the details if you want to come along?
I have a thing for succulents. First of all they seem to survive pretty much everything and they don't need flowers to look interesting

Most succulent flowers look strange and exotic. I am surprised every time this plant decides to flower because it happens so fast. From afar these flowers look insignificant, I think

On the right side a box has been planted with herbs. This one is the thyme leaning on weathered wood

Another great thing about succulents is that they are willing to make lots of babies. I just cut these off and stick them in earth. The next thing you know is they are growing on their own

Recently I bought lavender and planted some of them in these metal pots. Grey metal seems to go well with the faded greens and the soft purples of lavender

My favorite flowering plant is the geranium. Here the Queen Ingrid as it is called in Denmark. It is amazing that the earth stays inside this pot but nevertheless it does

This was a new plant for me to have in my collection. The green colour is almost artificial. It forms the shape of a pillow if it is healthy enough.

I took some of these from my mother's garden and they seem quite happy now. I have taken an ultra close-up picture of the leaves because they really don't fill out the pot yet

This is the same type of plant as mentioned earlier but in a different kind of container. I don't think baskets are meant to survive outside but I like the rustic feel when it gets older

On my walk this morning I picked some wild black berries. There weren't many and they were really tiny but it just meant they were all the more treasured

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your photos are lovely - One of the pictures looks like columbine - is that what it is?

Anonymous said...

is your day job doing photo-styling for a gardening/nature magazine? if it's not, it should be! what loveliness!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have some lovely photos to share! Thanks.