Thursday, August 03, 2006

Stamping away

So I started making stamps after I received this great Japanese book. I will post a picture next time for those of you who do not know it. My tools were not good enough so the details were hard if not impossible to scratch. Anyway, here are pictures of the ones I did make. This one is a purse though I have heard other interpretations - you know who you are!

This one is good for envelopes. I just write the address between the lines. Very cute

This was actually the first one I started one - oh so many small details

This one does not look enough like a children's shoe. This is also made on a different kind of rubber. Harder to work on

Here I managed to make some wrong cuts but I was getting tired...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've been wanting to make stamps, too - you have inspired me to actually do it! i love the children's shoe! good job!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed the showing of your 'unusual objects' and how you've displayed them in your home! I believe the 'thingy that is on poles holding electrical wires in place' is called an "insulator"...but I could be wrong.

Good luck with all your projects!

LJ

Tanja said...

Dear Anonymous (there is no email!)
Oh so happy to knowher I am not the only who likes these odd things. Yes you are right about the insulator. I googled it and they call it a ceramic telephone insulator.
Thank you it is motivating to create when one knows other people are looking over your shoulder.
Take care