Tuesday, August 29, 2006

New uses

Today I have lots of photos as promised. I went to an artists market a while ago and there I saw these cute buttons used as rings. I have made my own as you can see. I would like the metal to be thicker but then it would not be able to get through the button holes.

This button ring is smaller and looks a bit like the ceramic jewelry which is so trendy now.

I bought an old spirit level at a flea market, painted it white and got my handyman to put it up in the bathroom. It is very useful and since it is not very wide it does not bother the person occupying the toilet!

The holes and dents that came with the level are very practical. I have never known where to put the scissors but that problem is now solved.

This is where one can see whether something is leveled. This level however is so old that the 'bubble' jumps back and forth and therefore did not provide any guidance when screwing it onto the wall

I found this - whatever it is called - which used to sit on the poles keeping electrical wires in place. Now it is living a life as a hook for my mini ironing board. I am, however, considering painting the rod white where the red rust is most predominant

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the button rings! yours are beautiful. what a wonderful idea for the shelf in your bathroom, too. the scissors look so at home there! as always, your photos are fabulous.